How did I make the art?
First, I draw the subject(s) in pencil (using the T-square to help with precision). I like to use one of those blending stumps for the shading. Then I scan the drawing into my computer and touch it up using black and white digital painting. Then, I paint it in layers - many layers, above and below the pencil layer.
The second picture shows some preliminary paint layers without the interaction of the pencil work.
The third picture shows the paint layers, the pencil layer, and numerous touch-up layers.
You should not view the process images as exact steps in completing the art. Though my technique is methodical, it is difficult to present process images that show this because of my tendency to go back and forth between parts and layers.
MORE ART THAT I MADE:
- LEADETH ME - The Good Shepard, Jesus Christ
- BRUISE THY HEAD - The original hero
- JESUS WEPT - This art seems to be everyone's favorite
- THOU FORSAKEN - Yeshua upon the Tree: a Terrible Beauty, an Immense Paradox
- TEMPT THE MESSIAH - Sequential art about Christ being tempted by Satan - 3 parts
- THEY THIRSTED NOT - Christ in the desert: the Polished Arrow